Foundation Repair in Plano, TX
As foundation repair experts serving homeowners in Plano and surrounding areas, we understand the stress and uncertainty of foundation damage or settlement. At FCS Foundation Repair, we have been providing proven, reliable solutions for foundation issues of all types since 2008. Our structural engineers and foundation repair specialists are highly trained and experienced, equipped with the latest techniques and technology to diagnose foundation problems and implement repairs tailored to your home’s unique needs.
Certified Plano Foundation Repair Experts
- We provide structural foundation repair services using proven methods like steel piers and carbon fiber straps to stabilize and level homes. These solutions are engineered to withstand the soil conditions in Plano and are backed by transferable warranties.
- We also offer crawl space encapsulation and waterproofing to create a dry, energy-efficient environment under the home. This helps prevent future foundation damage and improves indoor air quality.
- We use a polyurethane foam injection process to lift and level the slab for sinking concrete slabs and uneven floors. This minimally invasive solution can lift slabs up to 4 inches.
- In bowing or tilting walls, we install helical tiebacks and anchors to stabilize the wall and prevent further movement. Wall anchors can be installed without significant demolition and provide a permanent solution.
At FCS Foundation Repair, we take pride in providing professional, high-quality foundation repair services to homeowners in Plano and surrounding areas. Our certified team aims to educate customers on the options available for their unique situation and find solutions that fit within their budget. Every homeowner deserves to feel secure and comfortable in their home.
Diagnosing Your Foundation Issues
At FCS Foundation Repair, we have the experience and expertise to diagnose foundation issues in homes properly. Our certified foundation repair specialists utilize state-of-the-art tools and techniques to determine the cause and severity of damage to your foundation.
- Structural Evaluations: We thoroughly evaluate the structure of your home, including the foundation, floors, walls, and attic. We check for signs of settling, cracking, bowing, and moisture damage.
- Plumbing Tests: Faulty plumbing can lead to foundation problems over time. We perform camera inspections of sewer lines and water supply pipes to check for any leaks or damage.
- Soil Testing: We extract soil samples around your foundation’s perimeter to analyze the soil’s composition and compaction. This helps determine whether the ground contributes to foundation movement or water damage.
- Floor Level Testing: Using precision tools, we measure the levelness of your floors to check for any sagging, slanting, or uneven areas, which can indicate foundation issues.
- Moisture Detection: Excess moisture is a common cause of foundation problems. We use moisture meters to test for high moisture levels in the soil, walls, attic, basement, and crawlspace.
At FCS Foundation Repair, we take the time to thoroughly diagnose the root cause of your foundation problems using proven techniques and tools. We can only recommend the appropriate solutions to stabilize your foundation and protect your home by identifying the underlying issues. Our foundation repair services provide permanent solutions, giving you peace of mind that your home’s foundation has been secure for years.
Pier and Beam Foundation Repair
Assessment and Diagnosis
At FCS Foundation Repair, we begin every project by thoroughly assessing the foundation and diagnosing structural issues. Our licensed professional engineers evaluate pier and beam foundations to determine the cause of damage or settlement and recommend a customized solution to stabilize and level the structure.
Steel piers are one of the most reliable methods for stabilizing and lifting pier and beam foundations. We install steel piers by drilling small holes in the foundation and driving the piers deep into the stable soil below. The tops of the piers are then attached to the wood beams to lift and support the structure. Steel piers can be installed with minimal disruption and provide a permanent solution.
We recommend concrete piers for foundations requiring more significant lifting or in areas where steel piers can not be installed. Once the concrete cures, the tops are attached to the wood beams. Concrete piers can lift foundations substantially while also providing stability for the long term.
Beam Repair and Replacement
Sometimes, the wood beams supporting a pier and beam foundation may be damaged or deteriorated and require repair or replacement. We can install steel beams to reinforce or replace wood beams. Steel beams provide robust and permanent support for the structure.
Lifting and Leveling
Using a combination of steel piers, concrete piers, and beam repair, we can lift pier and beam foundations back to level and stabilize the structure. We use a precision altimeter or digital level to monitor the lifting process and make careful adjustments. Lifting and leveling a foundation helps correct damage from settlement and improves the home’s safety, stability, and value.
Our foundation experts have the knowledge, experience, and equipment to assess the damage, diagnose issues, and implement proven solutions for pier and beam foundations. We provide permanent repairs to stabilize, lift, and level structures, giving homeowners peace of mind.
Slab Foundation Repair
Assessment and Diagnosis
At FCS Foundation Repair, we offer proven solutions for repairing and stabilizing slab foundations. Our team of experts will evaluate the condition of your foundation and recommend a customized solution to remedy issues like cracks, tilting, and settlement.
We use a multi-step approach for slab foundation repair. First, we stabilize the foundation by installing steel piers driven deep into the stable soil beneath the slab. These piers are then attached to the slab, lifting and supporting the foundation. For minor settlement or tilting, this is often sufficient. However, we employ slab jacking, mud jacking, or concrete leveling if there are significant cracks or damage. This involves pumping a concrete and aggregate mixture beneath the slab to raise and level the foundation.
For more serious structural issues, we may need to install carbon fiber straps or steel beams to reinforce the slab. Carbon fiber straps are lightweight, high-strength strips that bond directly to the concrete. Steel beams are secured below the slab, then attached to the piers to provide additional stability and support.
All of our foundation repair solutions are tailored to the unique needs of each home. We consider factors like soil conditions, construction type, and the location and severity of any damage. We aim to stabilize your foundation using the least invasive methods possible while ensuring long-term security and peace of mind.
Our foundation repair services are all backed by our transferable warranty program, so you can trust that your home is protected. We have been repairing and stabilizing foundations in Plano and surrounding areas for over 15 years. Our proven techniques, experienced technicians, and commitment to customer service have made us the trusted name in foundation repair.
Secure Your Home with Expert Foundation Repair
Restore your home’s structural integrity with professional foundation repair from FCS Foundation Repair in Plano.
We use various techniques to deal with settlement and shifting foundations. Installing concrete or steel piers underneath your foundation moves it back into position and provides lasting support. Our transferable warranty program backs repairs, so you can know that your home is protected.
Our team also provides drainage repair services. Drainage is often closely related to foundation issues, leaks, and flooding. You may need a new drainage installation to relieve pressure on your foundation and prevent damage.
We stand behind every job we do and strive to ensure that our valued customers receive the highest results. Our technicians are experienced and knowledgeable in underground structures and foundation repair.
Common foundation problems in Plano
Cracks in the foundation
One of the most visible signs of foundation damage is the presence of cracks in the foundation. Soil movement, temperature changes, or water damage can cause these cracks. Small cracks may not be a significant concern, but more extensive cracks may require immediate attention from a foundation repair professional.
Cracks in the walls or floors
When you notice any cracks in your walls or floors, especially diagonal ones, it may be a sign of foundation damage and needs to be addressed promptly.
Uneven or sloping floors
Uneven floors are another common sign of foundation problems. If your floors are sloping or irregular, it may be a sign that your home’s foundation is experiencing some issues. The damage will only progress with time, and the problem will worsen.
Sticking doors or windows
If your doors or windows are sticking, it may be because the foundation is not level. The issue is that as the house shifts, it can affect the shape of the house, making the doors and windows misaligned.
Poor soil condition
Plano, Texas, has a significant clay soil composition. Clay soil is highly expansive and will swell and contract with moisture changes. When the soil is too wet, it swells and pushes up against a home’s foundation, causing it to shift and create damage.
Inadequate drainage around the foundation can cause water to collect around the base, causing hydrostatic pressure, which may push up against the foundation, causing movement and cracks.
In addition to soil conditions, tree roots cause foundation issues. Trees, especially those with deep roots, can steal moisture from the ground around a foundation, causing the soil to shrink and leaving it unsupported. Sometimes the expansion of tree roots can also push on or pull a foundation wall inward.
Choose a foundation repair contractor in Plano, TX
Check their experience in foundation repair
Ask for references from previous clients and check their reviews online. Working with a contractor with a good reputation in Plano is best. It’s an excellent way to know the quality of work and professionalism in their service.
Get multiple quotes and compare prices
It’s best to get multiple quotes from different companies and compare prices before deciding which foundation repair contractor to choose. Remember, there are better options than the cheapest quote.
FAQ: Foundation Repair Questions Answered
As foundation repair experts, we frequently receive questions from homeowners about the foundation repair process and solutions. Here are some of the most common questions we answer:
What causes foundation damage?
There are several factors that can contribute to foundation damage, including:
* Soil erosion or settlement: The soil under and around the foundation shifts or settles unevenly, causing the foundation to crack or tilt.
* Hydrostatic pressure: Excess moisture in the soil puts pressure on the foundation walls and floor, leading to bowing or cracking.
* Tree roots: As trees mature, the roots can extend to foundations, exerting pressure that causes damage.
* Poor drainage: Lack of proper drainage and waterproofing allows water to pool around foundations, seeping in and causing damage.
How do you repair foundation cracks?
We use proven methods to repair foundation cracks and stabilize foundations, such as:
* Foam injection: We inject foam into cracks to bond and seal the concrete.
* Wall anchors: We install steel anchors along bowing or tilting walls and secure them to stable soil to stabilize and straighten them.
* Piering: We install steel piers driven deep into the ground below the foundation to support and lift the foundation.
* Waterproofing: We apply waterproof sealants and membranes to walls and install drainage systems to divert water from foundations.
How much does foundation repair cost?
Foundation repair costs vary significantly based on the type of damage, foundation size, and repair techniques required. Minor crack repairs may start at around $500, while significant structural repairs could cost $10,000 or more. We provide free foundation inspections and estimates to determine your home’s necessary repairs and exact costs.
Foundation damage is a serious issue, but the good news is there are proven solutions available to stabilize and repair your foundation. We have experience repairing foundations of all types across Plano and surrounding areas in Texas. Don’t hesitate to contact us for an inspection and estimate for your home.